We spent the first few days of vacation in Connecticut. We we're lucky to have good weather (as the following week in New York could be referred to as rain-cation).
Chase's record of bringing me to things in Connecticut has been hit or miss. I was really excited about the Zoo as it would be Harbor's first trip. Even more excited that it was just 15 minutes away, and the weather was gorgeous. Harbor had been waking up very early the first few days of the trip, so we literally got to the Zoo 10 minutes before it opened (this may be the one and only time this happens in our whole lives. Lets face it, I'm not known for being on time).
Chase's record of bringing me to things in Connecticut has been hit or miss. I was really excited about the Zoo as it would be Harbor's first trip. Even more excited that it was just 15 minutes away, and the weather was gorgeous. Harbor had been waking up very early the first few days of the trip, so we literally got to the Zoo 10 minutes before it opened (this may be the one and only time this happens in our whole lives. Lets face it, I'm not known for being on time).
We went The Beardsley Zoo in Bridgeport (http://www.beardsleyzoo.org/).
I have to say, it was such a great day! Getting there so early was such an advantage, all the animals were awake and waiting to be fed. Some of the animals were already being fed and I wished I didn't see that and turned Harbor away from the gigantic bird eating a rat (I feel no need to push the circle of life on him yet). The Zoo itself was so well kept and clean. It wasn't the biggest Zoo, but it was a lot of fun! Harbor got to see the tigers who were roaming right in front of the cages, and I think he liked the bird sanctuary a lot. His by far favorite part was the farm-yard animals. He just lit up when the sheep were eating right in front of him. We saw cows, pigs, chickens, sheep and goats. The goats didn't look quite right though, but I have never looked at a goat that closely (Creepy eyes like Romona from real housewives of NYC anyone?).
I have to say, it was such a great day! Getting there so early was such an advantage, all the animals were awake and waiting to be fed. Some of the animals were already being fed and I wished I didn't see that and turned Harbor away from the gigantic bird eating a rat (I feel no need to push the circle of life on him yet). The Zoo itself was so well kept and clean. It wasn't the biggest Zoo, but it was a lot of fun! Harbor got to see the tigers who were roaming right in front of the cages, and I think he liked the bird sanctuary a lot. His by far favorite part was the farm-yard animals. He just lit up when the sheep were eating right in front of him. We saw cows, pigs, chickens, sheep and goats. The goats didn't look quite right though, but I have never looked at a goat that closely (Creepy eyes like Romona from real housewives of NYC anyone?).
There were beautiful peacocks roaming around and literally following us. Chase hates birds, so it was hilarious when the peacock seemed to really try to stay on Chase's tail. There was one peacock that looked like it had been tie dyed, it was awesome!
I took Harbor on his first carousel ride and he really wanted the Lion. He was so happy on that ride it was just adorable (and we got to ride for a long time since it was just me and another mom). I was happy when he didn't kick and scream when it finally came to a stop.
I'm so glad we actually made it to the Zoo. We had big plans with my family the following week for a family trip to the Bronx Zoo that got rained out (and Harbor came down with strep throat the night before). It's trips like these that really make me miss living closer to things! The whole day cost us less then twenty dollars and we spent more then three hours there. I love making memories like these <3

No comments:
Post a Comment