I know we've been home for about 3 weeks now but things are just settling down into the routine.
Vacation was so much fun! We went home for Mark and Season's wedding (which was amazing) and took 2 weeks to enjoy family and friends in New York and Connecticut.
The only complaint we could have was the insane amount of rain. We had a few nice days in Connecticut in the beginning of the trip, but the rest of the days were spent dodging rain storms.
Vacation was so much fun! We went home for Mark and Season's wedding (which was amazing) and took 2 weeks to enjoy family and friends in New York and Connecticut.
The only complaint we could have was the insane amount of rain. We had a few nice days in Connecticut in the beginning of the trip, but the rest of the days were spent dodging rain storms.
It's always nice to be home. Every time we have to leave it makes me homesick. It was never this hard before I had Harbor. I constantly question if it's a good decision to have Chase stay in the Coast Guard. I don't want to look back in 20 years and really regret not being there for many memories with family. It would make me sad if Harbor didn't have the same relationship with his cousins that I was lucky enough to have. I also never want to move back to Middletown, but somewhere within two hours would be nice :)
We had a lot of family time which is always great
We had a lot of family time which is always great
Harbor went to Jumping Jake's with his aunt & cousins which is an indoor bounce house!
We went and saw my nephew's t-ball game, Go Ryan!!
Walks down to the beach on a gorgeous day for fun in the sun and ice cream
And of course went to Chase's sisters wedding, and it was fabulous! It was also the first time I left Harbor over night at Grandma's and he did awesome! The joy of waking up on your own accord is completely under-rated (especially in a fantastic hotel).
We tried to visit as many people as we could (there is never enough time).
It was also nice having some mommy and daddy time. It's rare that we get to go out alone, we saw a movie for the first time since I was pregnant and even went to dinner and out with my friends.
I'm looking forward to the summer when we have a lot of visitors up here. We weren't planning on coming back home until the Holidays, but maybe we can squeeze in a fall trip. I'm thankful to be much closer then we were in Saint Louis, but a 10 hour trip is still a long chunk! Hopefully we can get closer next time..











No comments:
Post a Comment