I'll just start this off by saying I acknowledge this is a week late :)
Last year for Easter Harbor was around 4 months old and we we're on the road Easter Morning for the second half of the trip from New York back to Saint Louis. I enjoyed this Easter a lot better!
Last year for Easter Harbor was around 4 months old and we we're on the road Easter Morning for the second half of the trip from New York back to Saint Louis. I enjoyed this Easter a lot better!
Harbor is 16 months, so he didn't really understand that Easter bunny. Not to mention, this mom of the year forgot that there was an Easter Egg hunt the day before (wow, something was actually going on here) and I slept in and completely let it slip my mind. I did enjoy my sleepy Saturday though.
We packed his Easter bags, and we packed the one Grandma had sent him. Aunt Jennelle got him a really cute one, but we didn't get that until Monday (silly UPS)!
We packed his Easter bags, and we packed the one Grandma had sent him. Aunt Jennelle got him a really cute one, but we didn't get that until Monday (silly UPS)!
When he woke up in the morning we showed him the baskets and he was really curious to what was going on.
He didn't really enjoy any of it until he had his first big bite of chocolate at 8 in the morning. This was his first piece of a real milk chocolate anything! His face was confused, and then quickly delighted! And after 2 bites when I took it away, his face quickly turned to anger and tears. He obviously get's his love of chocolate from his mama!
We are really lucky to have such good friends here, especially since she is a good cook as well! I made my Grandma's Salad (a holidays must) and deviled eggs. I got a really great recipe for bacon, cheddar deviled eggs and they were delicious! I made traditional ones as well.
We went to their house to have Easter and had a really great time. Harbor even napped in his tent, I can't remember the last time Chase and I got to sit down and enjoy a meal childless. It was beautiful weather, and we all had a really great day. It makes me so happy to take all these pictures and memories for Harbor, so one day he can look back and see what he did. Even though at this age, he mostly ate (macaroni and cheese & chocolate). This isn't one of the holidays where I really miss home, especially since we will be vacationing there so soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment