It's hard for me to even imagine not being able to marry the one you love. I know people have a preference - but I really believe that anyone can fall in love regardless of gender, race or religion. I guess it's hard for me to understand why people care so much when it's not their life. I was lucky enough to grow up with a vast array of friends and loved ones. I felt that I always had such a strong pull for general human compassion and human rights. I'm lucky enough to hold no biases against people, and lucky to have been educated and exposed to what love really is. I don't claim to understand many things that go on in this world, and politics really just gives me a headache. But I have seen first hand, people who fall in love when they never thought they would. I would never want them to have any different rights then what I have in my marriage.
I have to say that this weekend made me so happy, and even happier as a New Yorker. Living around in the different places I have learned a lot about the country. I know that I am a lot more open minded and less judgmental then some of the other parts of this country. I try not to hold that against anyone, I know we all have different morals and beliefs. The one thing I wish is that the hatred wouldn't be part of it, and that people would be open minded and seek as much knowledge as possible. Ignorance is such a dis-service to so many small towns and small minded people. I seem to make fabulous gay friends wherever I go (and love them!). It really bothers me when people are so disgustingly against love. I hope that by New York signing the marriage bill is that we have set a huge precedent and message for the rest of the country. I know some places are behind, but it's time to really give everyone what they deserve. May love and joy of marriage have no boundaries. I love New York!
I have to say that this weekend made me so happy, and even happier as a New Yorker. Living around in the different places I have learned a lot about the country. I know that I am a lot more open minded and less judgmental then some of the other parts of this country. I try not to hold that against anyone, I know we all have different morals and beliefs. The one thing I wish is that the hatred wouldn't be part of it, and that people would be open minded and seek as much knowledge as possible. Ignorance is such a dis-service to so many small towns and small minded people. I seem to make fabulous gay friends wherever I go (and love them!). It really bothers me when people are so disgustingly against love. I hope that by New York signing the marriage bill is that we have set a huge precedent and message for the rest of the country. I know some places are behind, but it's time to really give everyone what they deserve. May love and joy of marriage have no boundaries. I love New York!

No comments:
Post a Comment