Saturday, June 25, 2011

What's cooking - Scrambled Eggs with Cauliflower

 
Sounds kind of crazy right? I have become obsessed with Jessica's Seinfeld's book Deceptively Delicious which includes tons of recipes on how to hide nutritious items such as cauliflower in scrambled eggs!

I diverted from her recipe a bit so I will just give my own. Chase and Harbor both loved it :) This recipe is for 1-2 (Harbor loves eggs and ate almost all of it and Chase ate the rest)
 
 
Start with a simple cauliflower puree:
Cut off stems of cauliflower and steam them until soft and tender
Put them in a food processor and mix until smooth. If you don't have a food process you can just use a fork to squash it up and mix it.
I did the entire cauliflower and just put it all in a Tupperware to save for the dishes I needed (so far we've had cauliflower in almost everything in the past week).


         Ingredients
  •  2 Eggs
  • 1/2 piece of cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 diced tomato
  • 2 tablespoons cauliflower puree
  • 1 tablespoon sour cream
  • Season with salt and pepper
  • Top with a little bit of Parmesan cheese
Directions
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream, cauliflower puree, Parmesan and salt.

Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, then set the pan over medium-high heat. Add the egg mixture, reduce the heat to low, and cook, stirring frequently with a silicone spatula, until the eggs are scrambled—firm but nice and moist—2 to 3 minutes.


From the book
Deceptively Delicious SM

No comments: